- An upfront payment of one million pounds
- From the first anniversary of the casino opening, GGV will make an annual payment for the lifetime of the licence. This will be the greater sum of four hundred and fifty thousand pounds or 4 per cent of net gaming revenue.
- Employment of at least 205 Full Time Equivalent staff, with a commitment made that 90 per cent of roles will be filled by Leeds City Region residents.
- Employment of 10 apprentices in the casino.
- Interviewing at least 100 NEETs (young people who are not in education, employment or training) and employing at least 15 NEETs in the first year of casino operation.
- A commitment to put into place and fund a Leeds Responsible Gambling Forum.
- Establishing an Impact Committee to monitor the impacts arising from casino operation.
- Commitment to deliver marketing campaigns that do not target the most deprived parts of the city.
“The two applications are major development schemes and both could have delivered substantial benefit to the city’s economy through the award of this licence.
For media enquiries, please contact:
Emma Whittell, Leeds City Council press office, on (0113) 2474713