The Wrap Up Leeds team have joined Crossgates residents for a 1950’s inspired party to celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.
The team have been attending events and chatting to community groups across the city about the benefits free insulation can offer in the council-backed scheme.
They were delighted when the Crossgates and District Good Neighbours Scheme extended them an invitation to join in their jubilee celebrations.
Around 150 people were at the Station Road party enjoying the 1950’s themed entertainment and music.
When the team could be torn away from the dance floor, they could be found enthusing to party-goers about the money and energy savings people stand to make once their home is fully wrapped up with insulation, and the new £20 high street shopping vouchers available under the recommend a friend bonus.
Wrap Up Leeds is offering free loft and cavity wall insulation to anyone who owns their own home or rents it privately.
Claire Lovatt, Crossgates and District Good Neighbours Scheme development worker said:
“When we heard that the team wanted to come and talk to our service users about insulation we jumped at the chance.
“It’s really important to us that our service users stay fit and healthy and we know that insulating your home is one of the best ways to keep warm and healthy in winter and cool now that the warmer weather has arrived. Saving money is great too. The team were great fun to have around and really helped our jubilee celebrations go off with a bang.”
Councillor Mark Dobson, executive member for the environment said:
“It looks like everyone had a great time, but there was a serious side to the team being there. While the scheme is open to anyone, we really want to make sure that Leeds’ older and more vulnerable people don’t miss out on the free offer. It’s only available until September this year, so the team will be getting out there, talking to as many people as possible.
“Please do listen to their advice and contact us on 0800 052 0071 so you can start to save energy and money now.”
Councillor David Blackburn, chair of the council’s cross-party environment and climate change working group said:
“We don’t want people to forget about their heating bills now that the weather has become a bit more summer-like. Insulation can help keep your home cool during warmer weather too.
“It would be real shame if people missed out on the free offer of loft and cavity wall insulation and as we can only insulate 15,000 homes, make sure you are one of them.”
Contact Wrap Up Leeds on 0800 052 0071 or email@example.com to find out more and book your free, no obligation, technical survey. Or go online at www.wrapupleeds.co.uk.
You don’t need to have benefitted from insulation or even live in Leeds yourself to refer a friend. As long as your friend or relative has cavity wall and/or loft insulation installed into their privately rented or owner occupied Leeds home on your recommendation, you’ll receive £20 worth of high street shopping vouchers.
And there’s no limit to how many friends you can refer. All you have to do is call or email us with your and your friend or relative’s contact details (don’t forget to get their permission to pass those details on to us first). When you call, let the team know you are referring a friend at the start of the call.
The 0800 number is free from most landline providers, but may not be free from mobile networks. If you would prefer, please call Wrap Up Leeds on 01484 351 779.
About Wrap Up Leeds
• Wrap Up Leeds is available to all homeowners and privately rented tenants (where landlord’s permission has been granted) in the Leeds City Council area only.
• Free cavity wall insulation, loft insulation (where less than 60mm of loft insulation currently exists) and loft ‘top up’s’ (where more than 60mm but less than 160mm of loft insulation currently exists) are available under the scheme.
• A free, technical survey of the property will confirm that the work will definitely be free and much larger properties or those that need extensive scaffolding may be asked to pay a contribution towards the work.
• Savings of £1,653,750 on energy bills is estimated to be saved from Wrap Up Leeds which is based on installing cavity wall insulation in 6,000 homes, laying insulation in over 3,000 empty lofts and ‘topping up’ a further 5,850 lofts.
• The ‘refer a friend’ offer applies to anyone. Anyone can refer a friend regardless of whether they have had insulation installed themselves. £20 high street shopping vouchers will be given to the referrer. The vouchers will only be honoured if the friend’s property is insulated with at least one measure under the Wrap up Leeds scheme. The referral must be made before the application is processed. The referrer’s name, address and telephone number, must be provided with the referral. The friends name, address and telephone number, must be provided with the referral. The referral must be made by returning the card or giving details over the phone.
For media enquiries please contact:
Amanda Burns, Leeds City Council press office (0113) 247 5704
Ellie Lyon, Yorkshire Energy Services Marketing Executive on 01484 352010